The reliable club source claimed he wouldn’t be surprised if the Hammers had told the Chilean that they had no money left to spend in the transfer window after a busy month.
ExWHUemployee revealed on his personal Twitter account that everything he has heard would lead to him believing that another deal could be sanctioned. “No, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has been told there is no money to spend but I would imagine and this is all guessing from bits I’ve heard that he may ask for at least one more deal before the window shuts.”
No I wouldn’t be surprised if he has been told there is no money to spend but I would imagine and this is all guessing from bits I’ve heard that he may ask for at least one more deal before the window shuts https://t.co/OdUNpDQYL0
— ExWHUemployee (@ExWHUemployee) July 20, 2019
The Hammers have been busy in the window so far having already completed deals for Pablo Fornals, Sebastien Hallers, David Martin, and Roberto.
If Saturday’s pre-season defeat to Newcastle didn’t prove that the Hammers still need reinforcements, then nothing else will. Pellegrini’s men were outclassed by a side who have lost their two top-scorers from last season and also played a couple of academy players against what was pretty much West Ham’s full-strength side from last season minus a couple of players. The Hammers do have Issa Diop, Fabian Balbuena, Haller, and Fornals to call upon, but this definitely more than proved that Pellegrini is lacking options off the bench to make an impact. A recent report from Claret and Hugh revealed that the Hammers have recouped an annual saving of just over £15million in wages alone, something that Hammers’ fans will be scratching their heads at now there’s a suggestion that the club isn’t in a position to strengthen. West Ham must take Saturday’s performance as a warning, and something that pushes them along to try and seal at least one more deal before their Premier League opener against Manchester City.