West Ham are not interested in signing Gustavo Cuellar this summer, according to reliable source ExWHUemployee.
When asked whether or not the Irons were planning on making a move for the 26-year-old, however, ExWHUemployee was quick to dismiss the claim.
Writing on Twitter, he said: “I don’t think so”.
I don’t think so https://t.co/hMk6V2X2VY
— ExWHUemployee (@ExWHUemployee) June 24, 2019
This is probably not the biggest revelation, truth be told. Cuellar was linked with the Hammers a little while ago, but since then speculation has dimmed somewhat, and there will have been very few fans waiting around for an update on the Colombian. That being said, he is clearly a player of quality, with seven caps for his country and a pass completion rate of 92.8% last season, according to Whoscored. Realistically though, do West Ham need another central midfielder? Declan Rice is settled and Mark Noble still has some years left in him yet – and that’s without new signing Pablo Fornals or Jack Wilshere, both of whom could drop a little deeper if required. Pedro Obiang and Carlos Sanchez are still on the books too, so all things considered, it’s understandable that the Hammers might have dropped their interest in this one, if there was ever any real interest at all.