1. It is possible to feel completely empty after a win – After last night’s game, I didn’t feel the same buzz I normally feel after three points – in fact, I didn’t feel much at all! Looking at Twitter, a lot of fans felt the same. But three points is three points and that’s one step closer to guaranteed Premier League survival.
2. Sam Allardyce sure knows how to wind up our fans! – Cupping your ear Sam, really?! This isn’t a wrestling match! Fans were already angry about the lack of oomph from the team once Hull City were reduced to 10, and this has just riled them up further. I know Sam has said that if the fans boo, it gets to the players, but surely he can see that negative tactics were the reason for the booing in the first place? Personally I have never booed our team and I never would, but I think Allardyce needs to realise why some fans were.
3. We won’t play 4-4-2 even against 10 men – And this is one of the reasons fans we’re so angry. We had the chance to go out and really tire Hull’s reduced team, but instead it was them keeping us on the ropes. In my opinion we should have taken off a midfielder and put on Carlton Cole or moved Kevin Nolan up front with Andy Carroll and played with three in midfield. We just never seemed to really press them and take advantage of our extra player.
4. We do get lucky sometimes – From Mohamed Diame’s handball (still not sure you could call it intentional) to James Chester’s unfortunate own goal, the Gods were certainly smiling on us under the floodlights. Although I would also like to point out, their goal shouldn’t have even been a free kick! Anyway, we certainly rode our luck and got a gritty three points.
5. We’re (probably) safe – three points last night meant that we are now staring safety in the face. There are a few teams worse off than us, and I can’t see us getting dragged into a relegation scuffle at this stage in the season. Now I’ve said that, wait for it all coming down to our final match of the season against Manchester City…
How do you feel after last night’s match? Were fans right to boo? Leave a comment or tweet me at @alwaysintune.