1. An opening day home fixture. We now know our first game, its Aston Villa at home, and I for one can’t wait. Upton Park, should create a great atmosphere and the crowd will be buzzing. New players, new hopes and hmbitions. Europe? Why not, Newcastle United nearly did it.
2. The return of Scott Parker. Let’s be honest, we still love him, Tottenham Hotspur player or not. Super Scotty Parker, back at Upton Park. Hopefully, we can show him why he should of stayed, but win or lose; it’ll be great to give our give our 3 times Hammer of the Year winner, FWA player of the year and former England skipper a standing ovation.
The fastest growing Hammers website is now on Facebook, click the link to be entered into our up and coming competitions http://www.facebook.com/pages/ForeverWestHamcom/200938616608282
3. Away Days. Last year we had some very decent away days, and broke a club record for away wins, but it’s hard to get excited about trips to Barnsley, Doncaster Rovers and Hull City. I love an away day, 4000 Hammers all fully behind our team, and we probably have the best away support in the country. So I’m looking forward to the Old Trafford, White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge.
4. No Bolton Wanderers. We don’t have to go to the Reebok Stadium, nice ground and I hear they do a decent pie, but normally all we come away from there is indigestion. Premier League record at the Reebok consists of zero wins. So, that obstacle is out the way.
5. Match of the Day. Personally, I found watching the Football League Show embarrassing. Staying up to midnight to watch us for 4 minutes. No, thanks.
6. A cup run. Last year, you received the impression that the cup wasn’t the top of Big Sam’s priorities. With good reason I might add, though last time we were newly promoted, we ended the season heroically falling short to a Steven Gerrard wonder-goal. This time? Still a lot to ask but I hope we can focus a bit more on the cups than last year.
Looking for experience? Just want to be heard outside of the Boleyn? We are currently looking for writers, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
7. New No.1: Thanks Greeno, you’ve been a great servant to us, 6 years of brilliant service and no one wanted you to go, but with Robert Green out of the picture, we can now find a new number one. Stephen Henderson? Jussi Jaaskelainen? Or will an academy keeper make the step up. Stech has been on the fringes for a long time, is it his turn?
8. Ricardo Vaz Te taking the league by storm. Ricardo was superb for us last year, creating and scoring goals. The lad was in imperious form for us. Some will say this was only in the Championship and continuously I hear, the new Adel Taarabt. No, Ricardo will lead us to more success than a handful of goals.
9. Mark Noble, He is ready. For years before last season we had been waiting for Mark to really hit that potential. Now I’m sure that he is ready for the Premier League. So, can he lead us to success? Yes he was great in the Championship and I hope that he can, but he must carry that form over into the new season.
10. Boxing Day. Boxing day football is the best present you can get, a few hours to escape the chaos that surrounds Christmas. This year, Santa’s given us a great treat. Away to Arsenal, great day out, good stadium and hopefully we can carry over a decent record we have at the Emirates.
Ever dreamt about getting paid for reading about West Ham? Well now you can make dreams a reality http://bit.ly/ffc-foreverwestham-lp